Okay men, why are you soooo hard to buy for?
I mean, I can shoot out a gift guide for her in under ten minutes (then spend days deliberating the options, yes) but guys … why is it so challenging?
I don’t know about you, but I really get sick of gift guides full of shot glasses, beer mugs, razors, ties and whiskey stones. What man needs yearly whiskey stones for goodness sake?!
Anyway here are my top 15 picks for him in order of least cost to highest (note: this list is whiskey stone-less 😉 )
1. Nachosaurus Chip Holder + Dip Bowl ($18 Cdn): I am obsessed with this little dino! My hubby loves taco chips and I think what greater way to enjoy your favourite snack than this little dude? Throw some cheese sauce in the bowl and you have a party!
2. Skeleton coffee lover wall art print ($20.00 Cdn): This hilarious (and yet stylishly funky) coffee print is for the coffee loving guy or gal on your list. HeapsHandworks, an Etsy shop I love, hand draws all their images before silk screening them on high quality fabrics. This burlap brown will definitely look amazing framed and compliment any aesthetic.
3. Bones Coffee Sampler Pack ($29.99 Usd): When it comes to fun coffee, it really doesn’t beat Bones! This sampler pack is an excellent way to try some of their top selling coffees before committing to larger packs. We’ve tried quite a few Bones Coffee’s and have loved each one. Pair this with the art print above for a deluxe gift or with this hand thrown mug for a supremo-deluxe coffee gift! (I got my hubby a very similar mug from Bones last year and he loves it).
4. 4Ocean Bracelets ($29.99 Cdn): 4Ocean is an incredible company on a mission to save our planet from its plastics crisis. Each bracelet is made from recycled plastic trash pulled straight out of our oceans! With the purchase of each bracelet 1 pound of trash is removed. There are a wide range of colours (each supporting a different aquatic species) and are super comfortable to wear.
5. Sugarfina Bento Candy Box ($35.95 Cdn): If you are super lucky, try and get the Super Mario Brothers Sugarfina Bento box, but any box of these candies from here will surely please! When I got my hubby some Sugarfina candy for Father’s Day we were blown away by just how delicious it was. Candy is candy right? No, wrong. It is not. Once you try Sugarfina you’ll know what I mean.
6. Marvis Toothpaste Gift Set ($35.00 Cdn): After all that candy, your man/guy/gal is gonna need to brush their teeth! Yes, this is a $35 toothpaste set. Yes, it is worth it. Yes, you will be jealous and will steal your favourite flavour which will inevitably land you in a higher “toothpaste bracket” forever more. Sorry, not sorry.
7. Kurt Beanie by tentree ($36.00 Cdn): Another tried and true company we love and one that does good for our planet! tentree does just what it’s name suggests, plants ten trees for every purchase! The quality of their items are top notch and so crazy comfy. This beanie comes in many colours and will work as an indoor beanie or outdoor toque layered under your winter ski coat.
8. MojiPower Space Boy Portable Power Bank ($40 Cdn): Everyone is on their phone all.day.long. And so, it is a great idea to have a power bank in the car (remember to keep it charged!) or your backpack. What cuter way to get the job done than this adorable space man?
9. Tabletop Air Hockey ($42 Cdn): Who doesn’t need a small tabletop air hockey game in their home? I can guarantee serious laughter will be had when playing this!
10. S’well Stainless Steel Water Bottle ($45 Cdn): I swear by these water bottles! I first purchased one for my hubby 5 or 6 years ago and we’ve been obsessed since. They truly keep your water crazy cold for crazy long and come in a plethora of cool patterns and styles and colours to express your individual tastes. It is almost freaky how long your cold water lasts … kinda voodoo witchery magic.
11. OneStar Leather Goods Field Notes Cover ($67 Cdn): If you saw my Father’s Day Gift Guide you will have read about my husband’s obsession with Field Notes brand journals and he isn’t alone. These exceptionally popular little, pocket sized journals are amazing! But if you plan to cart them here-to-everywhere it’s nice to keep them safe in a journal cover. OneStar leather, an Etsy shop out of California, makes the most incredible leather goods and their Field Notes journal covers are no exception. Seriously my husband’s favourite and most used Christmas gift from last year. Add on a Field Notes journal pack for a deluxe gift, and if journals aren’t your or your gift recipients thing, OneStar Leather has a cornucopia of excellent leather wallets I’d highly recommend.
12. Roots Heritage Sweatpants ($74 Cdn): I wouldn’t be a proper Canadian if I didn’t recommend something Roots to you. Why? Because they are as ubiquitous with being Canadian as Tim Hortons and maple syrup. They are also the hands down best quality, most comfortable sweatpants on the planet and I live in them every.single.day. Every man/woman/child needs a good pair of sweatpants in their life! (Be sure to check out their website around Black Friday when they are known to drop some amazing discounts).
13. Herschel Novel Duffle Weekender Bag ($99 Cdn): The quality of Herschel never ceases to amaze me and this weekender travel bag/gym bag/work bag is no exception. I love how universal this bag is – from a gym bag (with separate bottom compartment for stinky gym shoes thankyouverymuch), or a weekend bag, or even a larger bag for carting to and from work … it is stylish, it is durable, and it holds a ton of goods.
14. Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM 2 Portable, Waterproof Speaker ($129.99 Cdn): This tiny portable speaker isn’t messing around when it comes to sound output. Quite a deluxe gift for singing in the shower but definitely one my husband uses every day. I love using mine in the bath and when taking pictures in my bedroom (which is far away from our Sonos Home System). Excellent, high quality sound for such a little, light speaker … it’s also fun to dunk it in water … just cause you can!
15. Beats by Dre Solo3 Sound isolating, bluetooth headphones ($329.99 Cdn, but on sale for $179.99): Ok, ridiculously expensive at full price but these awesome headphones often go on sale for a “still ridiculous, but not as ridiculous” price. My husband wears headphones all day, every day at work and loves these headphones. After trying every known earbud on the planet, he finally found these and loves them. Very comfortable for prolonged wearing and the sound quality is crazy. If you have a gift recipient who is in need of some great headphones and you want to spoil them, these are a fantastic choice! (Many colours available, check out sales around Black Friday, Best Buy is currently selling these for $150 off).
That is it, my friends!
Hope you found something you liked to add to your wishlist or an idea for someone else.
I wish you a happy, safe Holiday!