As you may already know, I love giving gifts. It’s my thang.
So if you are struggling with what to get the man in your life, check out this here handy gift guide … not just for fathers, and some not just for men … but you get the idea. And if you just like looking through gift guides like *ahem* me, please enjoy!
1. Society Sock Subscription: ($26.00/month Cdn) I find that men often get overlooked when it comes to funky, quirky clothes. Getting a fun sock subscription is a great way to show a little personality and I love giving subscriptions as gifts because the fun continues past the special day. Society Socks also gives socks to homeless shelters with every pair purchased, so it feels good to support them.
2. Roaster’s Pack: ($26.95/month Cdn): This is a fun subscription for coffee lovers that I’ve given to my husband. Every month you are sent three packs of freshly roasted, high quality coffee beans. Combine this subscription with a coffee grinder (I recommend this one) and you’ve got a really great gift!
3. Brand + Iron Candle: ($32.00 Cdn): Brand + Iron make amazing “man scented” candles that come in amazing packaging … which probably doesn’t matter too much to men, but it matters to me, the gift giver! I’ve personally purchased the tobacco + vanilla, and it’s great to just leave open on a desk to scent the room. Jordan started Brand + Iron as a creative outlet during his recovery from a liver transplant, he is inspiring and his products are fantastic.
4. Aweedmark Camper coffee mug ($35) + stickers ($5/each Cdn): I love supporting Etsy businesses and small business owners in general – the gifts are usually higher quality and unfailingly unique. This awesome Vancouver based shop sells fantastic vinyl stickers that are a personal favourite of my husband. I also love her retro-vibes camping line and think this “happy camper” enamel mug is super.
5. Halthegal bookmarks ($8 Cdn): Another Etsy shop I really like is halthegal and her unique “foot” bookmarks, in which she features the legs and feet of literary characters. This Sherlock Holmes bookmark is sure to be a favourite of any literary guy.
6. Field Notes ($9.95-$12.95 (yearly subscription $97) USD): Ok. So this might seem odd, but these little notebooks are incredibly popular among men and my husband is obsessed with them. Truly. Like save the field notes during a fire obsessed. You can buy individual packs or go all out for a yearly subscription. They are a wonderful, socially conscious company that designs unique themes quarterly and sends 2 packs of 3 journals and some extra goodies with the subscription pack. Even as a Canadian the shipping/conversion is very reasonable for the quality of product you get, and if you are American – even better! (it’s free).